Bois d’Arc Lake will be the first major reservoir constructed in Texas in nearly 30 years.
Key facts / components:
- Location: Fannin County, Texas
- Owner and operator: North Texas Municipal Water District
- Estimated cost: $1.6 billion
- Lake surface area: 16,641 acres (slightly smaller than Cooper Lake/Jim Chapman)
- Storage capacity: 367,609 acre-feet
- Supply: Firm yield of 108 million gallons per day*
- Average/Max Depth: 22/70 ft.
- Lake elevation: 534 ft. above sea level
- Environmental mitigation: Improvements on more than 17,000 acres
- Recreational use: Boating, fishing and picnic areas
*Firm yield is the amount of water that can be supplied to cover water needs even during the driest conditions we have ever experienced.