Constructing a reservoir to provide clean water is a complex, multi-step process. Numerous individual components must be completed and operated together as one system to collect, divert, carry, clean and deliver treated water.
NTMWD is constructing five key components, each with their own construction contracts, permits and schedules. These include:
- Construction of the reservoir dam and intake that draws water out of the lake
- Installation of raw water and treated water pipelines
- Construction of a water treatment plant
- Various roadway improvements and installation of a bridge across the reservoir
- Environmental mitigation in designated areas